Something Wicked This Way Comes.
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
2. What ‘type’ or variant of game will it be (i.e. “Shadow Chasers” or “Agents of Psi” for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Forggoten Realms Underdark in 1305DR
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
4. What’s the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
OOTS play by post or live chat…TBA
5. What is the characters’ starting status (i.e. experience level)?
Level 1, using the fast XP progression.
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard WBL. However, you’ll start with a bedroll, backpack, waterskin, 5 days of trail rations, flint & steel, 2 torches, 1 sunrod, and any of the following that your character NEEDS for class abilities: Holy symbol, spellbook/formula book, component pouch.
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want… or do not want? What are your rules on ‘prestige’ and/or homebrewed classes?
Core Pathfinder is allowed; no psionics, or Path of War; 3rd party stuff are allowed with approval You may have up to 2 traits
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? ‘Prestige’ races or species?
Any race from the Core Rulebook, and any featured/uncommon race from the Advanced Race Guide.
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
Ability Scores: 25 point buy or the 4d6 drop lowest one roll.
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignment is used, note that much of the Underdark is evil.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Multi-classing is fine.
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system?
Player rolls will be done through the forum dice roller. My rolls will vary between the forum roller and offline rolls depending on what the roll is for.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
*A few, yes.
*Clerics are always proficient in the favored weapon of their deity, even if martial or exotic. Temples train their priests in the use of their deity’s favored weapon.
*Clerics and other divine spellcaster must pick a deity from the Forgotten Realms list.
*All spells with the (Healing) descriptor, including Heal, all Cure spells, Raise Dead, etc, are now back in the Necromancy School, as they were in earlier editions.
*Teleportation:Teleportation spells of 4th level or lower (which includes dimension door) can’t transport you further than you can see. The range of these abilities is reduced to line of sight. You can’t use them to transport onto the other side of a closed door, or if you’re blinded, or if it’s too dark to see. You can use them to transport through a window (as you can see what’s on the other side). Spells of levels 5 to 7 allow you to teleport sight unseen.
*A character does not believe in her own illusions, even if she wants to.
*Illusions that produce a percentage of their effect when a target makes their save, such as Shadow Conjuration or Shadow Evocation, cannot have greater than a 100% effect on a target after a successful save. No effect produced by an illusion can produce a greater effect after a successful save than it could produce with a failed save.
*You can only emulate spells you know or have in your spellbook with shadow evocation and shadow conjuration.
*Freedom of Movement:Grants a +15 bonus to saves and Escape Artist checks(and makes 1 not an automatic failure), and grapple checks to resist and escape holds and pins, instead of negating them. Difficult terrain (magical or natural) doesn’t affect you and the spell allows you to move and attack normally while underwater for its duration.
*Rope Trick: duration is 10 minutes/level. You can’t sleep in a Rope Trick because you have to actually keep holding onto the rope after climbing up into the extradimensional space, which doesn’t offer anything you can use as ground.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
I’d like a little background to give an idea of what kind of person the character is.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
*It will likely focus more on combat and roleplaying because those are what I’m most familiar with, but I’ll try to throw puzzle elements in as well.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Core Pathfinder(Materiel from the Core Rulebook, Advanced Player’s Guide, Ultimate Combat(Ultimate Combat called shots are allowed), and Ultimate Magic). Ask about other archtypes, feats or whatever.
From 3.5E the Underdark stuff is useful, but check for conversion issues…ask if you need too.